May 02, 2013

Cameron at 2 1/2

There are some things about Cameron at this age I just don't want to forget.

  • Cameron is the sweetest little boy I know. He is so loving and will comfort anyone who is sad or got a boo boo. Every little smile on his face just melts my heart. I am confident someday he will make the best big brother. 
  • Cameron is VERY polite. He always says please, thank you, excuse me and will generally share his toys. If you have something he wants, he may "suggest" a new toy for you.
  • He LOVES money. Between his love for money and his creative, curious nature I often dream about him becoming an engineer, or a financial adviser. He will "count" his money over and over and loves to walk around with his banks (yes plural) to collect money for them. 
  • Cameron knows the numbers 0-10 by sight and can say them. He is starting to be a great counter too, and can do 0-5 by himself and 6-10 with a little encouragement. 
  • He knows all the colors in a rainbow, as well as brown, black, white, pink and gray. 
  • Cameron loves animals and knows so many animal names and sounds that I can't even keep count anymore. 
  • He is still content to ride in his stroller (thankfully) when we go to the zoo or for a walk, but once we let him out he is on a mission to explore. 
  • He is generally well behaved, but on the occasions when he is testing me and I raise my voice he will put his finger to his mouth and shush me. I think it's because I do this when he is being too loud. It takes every fiber of my being not to burst out laughing and it is a gentle reminder that he is still little and maybe I shouldn't have been so quick to raise my voice. 
  • Cameron loves playgrounds. He is such a little monkey and has always been physically ahead so it is no surprise that he is great on the playground. 
  • He bites his fingernails so short (Thanks TIM!) and even his toe nails. It grosses me out.
  • He is starting to talk in sentences and I love every word that comes out of his mouth. He is seriously so smart and funny.
  • At 16ish months he decided he wanted to use the potty. He was fully poop trained for 10 fulls months, so right before age two I finished potty training him. Then he stopped. Just like that, he wouldn't go. The doctor advised going back to diapers, and here we are, six months later and still in diapers. :(
  • He is finally on a good sleep schedule, going to bed around 8pm and waking up 11-13 hours later, but we had to take away his name to accomplish this. It was well worth it as neither of us could make it until midnight every day to watch him (which is when he goes to bed if he takes a nap)
  • Cameron does still wake up most nights and come in our bed, but he doesn't wake us anymore unless something is wrong. I just wake up and see a little body in bed lol. 
  • Cameron is a a very healthy kid. He is rarely sick and when he is, it never lasts long, We are VERY lucky. 
  • He is a GREAT swimmer. Doesn't need any help at all, and loves the water.  

No comments: